I know what you’re thinking:
It’s not 2016, it’s 2006! What is Periscope?
That’s not what you’re thinking?
No, me neither.
But not only is it 2016, it’s almost half-way through 2016.
So far, 2016 has been fast-paced – lots of family visits, life lessons, and audiobooks (my new obsession).
This year, so far, I have:
- Fallen in love with Lizzy Bennett
- Fallen in love with Mr. Darcy
- Fallen in love with Jane Austen
- Been to Texas (I didn’t fall in love with Texas. Sorry, Texas. I only visit you because of the people you hold hostage.)
- Been to lots of cemeteries in Paradise
- Learned to cook a pot roast once and for all
- Co-hosted a bridal shower
- Become obsessed with Frasier and his entire family
- Been very overwhelmed by work
- Enjoyed my job quite a lot
- Realized some important things about life, the universe, and everything
- Seen Wicked and A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder
- Seen Sleeping Beauty (the ballet)
- Finally tasted tender pork that was not bacon
- Gone to Disneyland and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Become obsessed with Audible
- Learned how to make bread
- Started planning a trip to Europe for next January
- Watched lots of British TV
- Written poems and worked on novels
- Had some very low points and some very high points
- A bunch of other really important stuff
I think I would like the year to slow down a bit, or maybe I need to slow down a bit? Not sure. Or maybe I need to just stress out less and be chill? Or watch more Brit TV? Yeah. That’s the one. Watch more Brit TV.